Making this for tonights meal. Will add pic when complete. I always love a good curry. Home made curry paste would be preferred.
Thai Red Curry CHICKEN
- 5/6 tbsp Maesri Thai Red Curry Paste (If not available, bottled is next best)
- 2 large garlic cloves – minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger – finely grated
- 1 tbsp lemongrass paste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 400 ml full fat coconut milk
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 350g chicken thighs/breasts, cut into 0.75 ml slices
- 150g pumpkin/butternut squash, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 120g green beans, cut into 5cm pieces
- 12 Thai basil leaves
- Fresh red chilli slices for garnish
- Fresh coriander/cilantro leaves for garnish
Heat oil in a large skillet – medium high.
Add curry paste and garlic, ginger and lemongrass paste and cook for about 2 minutes to dry
Add chicken broth, stir to dissolve paste.
Simmer rapidly for 3 minutes to reduce by half.
Add coconut milk, lime leaves, sugar and fish sauce.
Stir, then add chicken.
Spread chicken out, bring to simmer, reduce to medium.
Simmer for about 8- 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked and sauce is almost at the desired thickness.
This is when you flavour to taste, Add more fish sauce – saltines/sugar – sweetness.
Add pumpkin and beans.
Sir and Cook for 3 minutes, until pumpkin – just cooked through, Sauce – thickened.
Remove from heat.
Add a handful of Thai basil leaves.
Serve over jasmin rice, garnished with fresh red chilli slices and fresh coriander/cilantro leaves, if desired.