Bacon Risotto – great dish for Games Night.
- 2 tabs cooking oil
- 2 onions chopped
- Garlic chopped (to your taste)
- 500gm Bacon chopped in cubes
- 3 x Chicken Stock Cubes
- 1 1/2 cups Arbio Rice
- 125 gm Butter
- Water = Rice to Liquid 1-3 for every 1 cup of rice use 3 cups of water
- In large saucepan place about 2 tabs of cooling oil, fry ONIONS and GARLIC, until onion is soft and garlic is to your personal taste.
- Add chopped BACON, cook until the bacon is just brown.
- Boil jug of water and add to CHICKEN STOCK CUBES, this must be kept warm.
- Once bacon is as desired, add 1 1/2 cups of ARBORIO RICE
- Add approx 125gm BUTTER and allow rice to absorb
- Once absorbed, commence adding the stock mix. DO THIS VERY SLOWLY. (The slower this is done, the better the outcome will be)
- Do not add more stock until the previous addition has been absorbed. The key to a great risotto is PATIENCE !
- I add about a cup at a time.
- When I have about 2-3 cups remaining, I add these and cut off the heat and cover the rice with a lid. Allow to sit and absorb the final amount.
Note: for a 1 1/2 cup of rice recipe, I use 3 Massel Stock cubes. Otherwise it may get a little bit salty.