This morning my daughter popped in for breakfast before heading into work.
We had home made Whole Milk Ricotta with Salt and Peppered tomato
- 2 lt Full cream MILK
- 1 teaspoon CITRIC ACID dissolved in 1/4 cup WATER
- 1 teaspoon SALT.
Here is what you do :
- Pour MILK into saucepan and add the SALT.
- Heat milk to 95deg C (203F) Stirring constantly.
- As soon as at 95deg, remove from heat and add CITRIC ACID mixture. It will curdle immediately.
- Leave ricotta to cool for 30 mins. If not at the desired consistency, leave for another 30 mins.
- (I left mine for 2 x 30 mins)
- Use a draining spoon and layer the ricotta into draining basket/cheesecloth. (I used cheesecloth and put into draining basket)
- I placed mine in fridge overnight/can be eaten immediately.
It is also excellent mixed through spaghetti with some nice chilli flavoured bolognese sauce, YUMMM !!