- 12 thick beef sausages
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium brown onions sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons milk curry powder
- 400gm can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium potatoes sliced into thick wedges
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- Place sausages in a large saucepan, add enough cold water to cover sausages, bring to boil. Boil uncovered, about 2 mins, darin
- Heat oil in same pan, cook onion, stirring, until softened. Add curry powder, cook, stirring, until fragrant. Remove from heat, stir in tomatoes, stock and the water.
- Place potatoes in a 4.5 lt slow cooker, top with sausages and onion mixture, cook covered on low for about 8 hours.
- Stir in peas and sultanas, Season to taste.
I will test this one out on some friends on Friday evening, it seems like a recipe that I could actually follow without too much interference 🙂
There is nothing like good curried sausages, served with mashed potatoes with lots of milk and butter and a serve of green beans and corn. My mouth is watering already !