1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup corn kernels fresh or canned
1 medium bell pepper seeded and diced
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped chives
1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
1/2 tsp. pepper or to taste
olive oil for frying about 3-4 tablespoons
- Whisk together the flour, egg, and water in a medium bowl.
- When the batter is smooth, add the olive oil, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Add the corn, bell pepper, parsley, and chives. Mix it well and set aside.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil. When hot, add one heaped tablespoon of the corn mixture for each fritter, and flatten out the tops slightly to make the fritters even.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. If they brown too quickly, reduce the heat.