But mine had a twist because the spinach in the fridge was no good. I simply used green peas, and the result was pretty good.
- 500gm Orange Sweet Potato
- 225gm Tinned Water Chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves (2 teas crushed Garlic)
- 2 teaspoons Sambal Oelek (chilli paste from South east Asia)
- 2 teaspoons grated Palm Sugar
- 400gm Spinach stems removed (or Green Peas)
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Stock
Cube the sweet Potato and Cook in Large saucepan of boiling water for 15 mins. Drain well.
Drain the sliced Water Chestnuts.
Heat wok/frypan over high heat. Add oil and coat base of pan
Add Garlic and Sambal Oelek for 1 minute.
Add sweet potato and stir-fry for 2 mins over medium heat.
Reduce heat to Medium add Palm Sugar, and Spinach, Soy Sauce and Stock, toss until spinach is wilted.
Serve over some steamed rice.