RISSOLES – from The Australian Convict Recipe Book
½ lb minced meat (250gm) 1 small onion chopped 1 oz dripping (butter)
1 tab Plain Flour small amount of water/stock salt and pepper
1 dessertspoon Worcestershire (2.5 teas) breadcrumbs beaten egg
- Fry mince until brown
- Melt dripping and fry onions
- Sprinkle with flour, add water/stock gradually
- Mix with meat. Add seasoning.
- Form into rissoles, coat with eggs, and crumbs.
- Fry for 3 mins, turn out on paper.
“I add a spoon of homemade jam to my rissoles, and love it.”