If you have a spare half hour, here is a great way to spend it. Today I made the following and am super happy with it.
This sauce is known as Nam Chim Kai in Thailand.
This is my version of it, a healthier home made version and I know exactly what is in it.
This sauce is excellent with fish, chicken and seafood. It can be used as a marinade for grilled fish, chicken wings and spring rolls. If you don’t want it as thick, use less cornflour.
Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 3 tabs fish sauce
- 4 tabs sherry
- 4 teas crushed garlic
- 2 tabs crushed dried chilli
- 2 tabs cornflour mixed with 8 tabs cool water (keep until last.)
- Place all ingredients NOT CORNFLOUR in a saucepan.
- Bring to rolling boil
- Reduce heat to medium and allow to boil for 10 min, will reduce by half.
- Reduce heat again to low, add cornflour. Stir to mix, until sauce thickens, approx. 2 min.
- Remove from heat, taste. Then bottle as you wish.