CURRIED SAUSAGES a la Karen
- Add approx 6 tabs oil to large saucepan. Heat over medium heat.
- Chop two large onions and add to oil.
- Add two large tablespoons of curry powder (depending on how much you like)
- Mixture will be dry, so I add 1/2 cup water to the mix
- Chop 1 kg sausages into thirds and add to the mixture
(I usually use beef, but today I used English Pork. See how they go. 😊)
- Mix well and fry until sausages are browned.
- Add enough water to cover the sausage mix
- Peel and dice 1 large sweet potato (you can use whatever potato you like) Add to mix.
- I like a lot of sultanas in mine, add as many as you like.
- Same with the peas, add as many as you like.
- Next, I add two tablespoons of jam. This is a home made grape jam from Gordonvale Markets.
- Add two Stock Cubes for more flavour.
- Then Just add water to the top of the saucepan, allow to cook until all veges are cooked.
I usually put mine on at lunch time and allow to cook for the remainder of the day.
Oh yeah, thicken with some blended flour if you want to.